Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports PHP Fatal error on add_action('admin_area')

Solved

PHP Fatal error on add_action('admin_area')

• ACF works perfectly fine on my local machine but on client’s live hosting get the following errors

/var/log/apache2/error.log:[Fri Sep 13 21:27:40 2013] [error] [client 66.249.74.139] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function add_action() in wordpress/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/field_groups.php on line 25
    /var/log/apache2/error.log:[Fri Sep 13 21:28:45 2013] [error] [client 66.249.74.139] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function add_action() in wordpress/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/everything_fields.php on line 31
    /var/log/apache2/error.log:[Fri Sep 13 21:29:25 2013] [error] [client 66.249.74.139] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function add_action() in wordpress/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/export.php on line 32
    /var/log/apache2/error.log:[Fri Sep 13 21:30:02 2013] [error] [client 66.249.74.139] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function add_action() in wordpress/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/core/controllers/upgrade.php on line 25

They all seem to be where the ‘admin_menu’ add actions are. Any ideas?

• Hi @roflman79

Thanks for the error print, however, I don’t understand how this is possible.

Your error states that the add_action function is undefined. This is a core function within WP that is used all over the front / back of the CMS to alter the MARKUP.

Perhaps you have a plugin / theme code which is somehow corrupting the add_action function?

Sorry I can’t be of much help, this is a serious PHP issue which you will need to debug to find out what is going wrong.

Thanks
    E

• No worries @elliot, I think it could be some issue with the php configuration on the server. It is a customised server setup by a sysadmin and could therefore have some settings that don’t play well.

Thanks for the reply though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘PHP Fatal error on add_action('admin_area')’ is closed to new replies.