Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Password reset mail after updates ACF field in user profile

Helping

Password reset mail after updates ACF field in user profile

• I use ACF to add a few custom fields to the user profile. These fields are linked to a Gravity Form so that users can update them via the front end. Admininistrators can update these field via the back-end, and that’s where the problem occurs.

When an administrator updates a custom field within the profile of a user, this user receives a standard WordPress e-mail stating that his password has been changed. To be clear: when a standard WordPress field is being updatet, this does not happen.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this issue? And even more important: how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

• @karlo did you find any solution to this problem?
    I have a similar issue, I don’t have anything in the frontend for users to update but have backend fields, and updating fields sends a password change email to that user.

I also tried keeping ACF in troubleshooting mode so the issue is with ACF. If I disable ACF and update the user’s name, no issue at all.

Can you please write here if you have found any solution?

Thank you,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Password reset mail after updates ACF field in user profile’ is closed to new replies.