Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Passing extra parameters in acf/load_value

Solving

Passing extra parameters in acf/load_value

• I’m using a kind of nested acf/load_value hook to loop through the subfields of a repeater with the intension of modifying the values. But for my purpose I want access to the parent field name from within the subfield filter action without the need to set globals.

function repeater_load_value( $value, $post_id, $field ) {

$sub_fields = $field['sub_fields'];

function sub_field_load_value( $sub_field_value, $post_id, $sub_field ) {

// *** This is where I'd like access to the parent field name ****

return $sub_field_value;
        }

foreach ( $sub_fields as $sub_field ) {

add_filter( 'acf/load_value/key='.$sub_field['key'], 'sub_field_load_value', 10, 3);
        }

return $value;
    }

add_filter( 'acf/load_value/name=my_repeater_name', 'repeater_load_value', 10, 3);

I thought of using an anonymous function when adding the acf/load_value filter for the subfields and passing the parent field name through as a parameter but there is still a scope issue.

Any suggestions?

• Hi,
    i am not sure but i think you can access the parent name inside your repeater_load_value(); with $field['name']; maybe store that in a variable and pass it as a param to the sub_field_load_value()

• Hi, was this ever resolved? Im looking at a similar requirement where I need to loop through all repeater fields to modifiy a specific fields value.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Passing extra parameters in acf/load_value’ is closed to new replies.