Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Pages won't save after update to 5.2.5

Solving

Pages won't save after update to 5.2.5

• I updated to the latest version of ACF on both a local and production environment on one of our sites, and once we did that pages do not save on the backend. I restored back to the previous state and the site saves as expected.

• I have the same problem.

I have a repeatear field that save only the first field/value.

• I also have this problem with a clients site. What do we need to do get this fixed asap.

• Same problem here…

• Hi @jrstaatsiii @anto-c @ninjamonk @eaglejohn

We are currently investigating this and Elliot has been alerted, we will be in touch in short while.

In the meantime, kindly rollback to the previous version that is available from your ACF accounts.

We regret the inconvenience.

• I rolled back to 5.2.4 and 5.2.3 but the issue is still there. Hope it can get fixed soon.

• if you can, roll back to 5.2.2 that is working for me

• Is it fixed in 5.2.6 that just got released?
    Rolling back to 5.2.2 also didn’t work for me…

• James – is there an update on this? -Rich

• Hi guys

Thanks for the bug report.

Can you please elaborate on the issue with more detail?
    Does the page post data and refresh when clicking the ‘update’ button, or is JS preventing the form from submitting?

Screenshots, or a screen-cast would be great to demonstrate the exact issue

• @elliot, I apologize for the late response, I was on vacation and then needed to get back into my routine. It turns out that for me, something was cached in my browser causing the issue. This was not an ACF issue for me. Thanks for reaching out, but this can be closed.

• Don’t close it others have it.

The problem is to recreate it I need to install the broken plugin on a live site.

When you clicked the button it would just spin but not do anything. I checked and no data was being sent back so it was a javascript issue preventing it from updating but was not showing any errors.

• Hi @ninjamonk

Thanks for the info, but I don’t quite understand.

What do you mean by:
    The problem is to recreate it I need to install the broken plugin on a live site.
    – What is the broken plugin?
    – What is the problem?

Were you able to watch the AJAX request to validate the data?
    – Did the AJAX request ever return data? If so, what was the data?

• I can recreate this same issue where if I click to “Update” a page it does not save. It’s a long shot but I have 100% narrowed it down to this plugin causing the issue for me: Pagely MultiEdit.

The issue occurred on a client site and on a clean test instance of WP I setup. If ACF + MultiEdit is active, then the page no longer saves. The issue is reported here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/content-disappearing-from-tabs?replies=7

If either ACF or MultiEdit is deactivated then the pages saves fine. Hope this might be the issue for folks!

• Hi @creativelogic

When you say “it does not save” do you mean “the form never submits” or “the form submits, but no data is saved to the DB”?

• – What is the broken plugin?

acf

– What is the problem?

it does not save the post and the spinner just turns.

Were you able to watch the AJAX request to validate the data?
    – Did the AJAX request ever return data? If so, what was the data?

there was no network activity so no ajax was being sent.

I will look try and recreate on a mirror of the site if you are still unable to get to the bottom of it.

• @elliot Also it is not another plugin causing it because rolling back to 5.2.4 fixes the issue.

• Hi @ninjamonk

Thanks for the info. Please let me know when you can setup an identical site.
    If no AJAX request is sent, this explains the issue. To solve it we will need to debug the JS and discover why the AJAX request was not sent.

It could be as simple as another plugin is adding some JS which is preventing ACF from correctly functioning

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pages won't save after update to 5.2.5’ is closed to new replies.