Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Pages Do Not Save

Solving

Pages Do Not Save

• I have just updated from the free version to the PRO version on my site and everything looks to be working, except when I try to save a page the loading icon rotates forever and nothing happens at all. The pages do not seem to be saving at all.

• This is probably do to a PHP error happening during the AJAX call.

Add this to you’re wp-config.php file if it’s not already there, or alter as needed.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Now try saving a post and after a bit download the error log which should be located at /wp-content/debug.log and look to see if and what errors are happening.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Those errors would definitely cause the AJAX request to fail during the save process. Do you have display errors turned off everywhere. If PHP is reporting errors the AJAX will never work. You need to either turn off reporting or clear up those errors.

• Sorry I’m unsure of what that means/ how to carry out what you said. I’m new to WP and php, how do i turn off error reporting or clean up those errors?

• The errors indicate that there is a problem with the theme and how it’s loading widgets. You need to correct that.

PHP display of errors can be controlled several ways, so it would be hard for me to tell you exactly how to turn it off.

There may be a php statement somewhere that looks something like

ini_set('display_erros', 1);

there could be a statement in you’re htaccess file that looks something like this

php_value display_errors On

display_errors could be on by default on your host

errors are displayed if you have this statement anywhere

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);

I’m sure there are others I missed, the theme could be turning it on, and others.

The problem could be cause by a plugin. Disable plugins and switch to a default WP theme and see what clears up the problem. Something is doing something in a way that has been deprecated by WP, do you have an old plugin installed that has not been updated in a while? Has the theme been updated recently?

• I have turned errors off but still having an issue. I cannot update as my colleagues misplaced the product key…is there another way to update?

• You might want to open a support ticked click this link

You should also be able to get your key by logging into the account if you have the log in info. http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/my-account/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pages Do Not Save’ is closed to new replies.