Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Page update drops/moves field values

Helping

Page update drops/moves field values

• Hi all. I’ve got a weird situation brewing. When we save a page after updating some ACF fields, sometimes the value doesn’t get saved to the field, and sometimes values that were in field A get moved to field B, even if you haven’t edited either of them. Needless to say, this is basically bringing things to a halt as we have no idea when we save a page’s data whether data goes missing or gets moved around.

We think the issue started around January 11, but it is possible it goes further back.

We have really made extensive use of ACF / post meta data for this project. We have about 90 fields defined last I counted.

There are two situations that may have caused and/or complicated things:

1. We had an enormous extract-transform-load process that did a lot of things with a lot of fields. The last step in this process was to load the data into WP via a custom program. This program loaded the fields with the native WP postmeta API, not the ACF API. During our initial testing, this appeared to work fine, but now I’m not so sure.

2. When we created the field groups, we created one field group with anywhere from 5-40 fields for each page type (aka category) we used. So for category 1 we would create a “category-1-field-group” for lack of a better name. Let’s say that field group has field A within it. Now, for category 2, we created “category-2-field-group”, but it also contained field A. In this way, we only had to assign one field group to a category, but the field names were repeated, each of which then created its own separate “magic key field” data.

So perhaps one of these circumstances caused the problem…we’re not sure.

I tried disabling all the plugins and that did not improve the situation.

Any ideas what is wrong and how we might be able to fix things?

• The only thing that I can think of that might cause issues like this is if there are duplicate field names on the submitted data or there are duplicated field keys for any of your fields.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.