Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Page Attributes Disappear

Solved

Page Attributes Disappear

• I have a clean WordPress install (4.1.1) and ACF Pro 5.2.0. When adding new Pages in the WP Admin, the Page Attributes box is disappearing, even though I have it checked in Screen Options. Once I select a parent for the page I’m creating, it hides instantly.

Also, I have comments disabled by default, but it’s turning them on for the page whenever I create and Publish it. I disabled ACF Pro 5.2.0 (the only plugin I have installed) for testing, and the issues go away.

Thanks!

• I have the same problem. Page attributes box disappear after page parent selection …

• I have a very similar issue — just slightly different. I have a custom taxonomy metabox and the normal Categories metabox showing. As soon as I click on any given taxonomy term or category, the Categories metabox is instantly hidden.

I can get it back under Screen Options, but it goes away again if I click any term again.

WP 4.1.1 & ACF 5.2.0, and as above, when disabled, the problem goes away.

• Same here, after updating to 5.2.0 everytime that i change template on a page, the page attributes box disappear.
    I’ve to go to screen settings and check back the “Page attributes” checkbox.

• same my case too. i got confuse what happen my WordPress. but after see this post i got clear. this is bug

WP 4.1.1 & ACF 5.2.0

• Same problem here. WP 4.1.1 & ACF 5.2.0

http://www.screencast.com/t/PVRfkymDflMi

I have to downgrade to 5.1.9.

• Just chiming in to say I’m seeing the same issue. WP 4.1.1 and ACF 5.2.0. Problem goes away after downgrading ACF to 5.1.9.1.

• Quick (and ugly) fix :

// fix for ACF PRO version 5.20
    add_filter(‘admin_footer’, function(){
    echo ‘<script type=”text/javascript”>jQuery(“#screen-options-wrap .metabox-prefs”).prepend(\'<input type=”checkbox” style=”display: none;”>\’);</script>’;
    });

• Since most everyone else is having issues only with page attributes, I wanted to demo the related issue of certain other metaboxes disappearing. In this case, it’s the Categories box.

Here’s a screenshot of that…

• Got this same issue and its upsetting

• temporary solution provided by @holblin but just a bit tidy.

add_filter(‘admin_footer’, function(){
    echo “<script type=’text/javascript’>jQuery(‘#screen-options-wrap .metabox-prefs’).prepend(‘<input type=”checkbox” style=”display: none;”>’);</script>”;
    });

• Hi guys

I’ve just released v5.2.1 to fix this issue

Sorry for the frustrating bug

Thanks
    E

• Thanks for the update Elliot, it works for me now.

• Hi !
    Bug reappears with WP 5.2 & ACF 5.8.

I have to downgrade to ACF 5.7.13.
    PS : I use Classic Editor

• Same here (WP 5.4.2 & AFC 5.8.12)
    Is there anything we can to do fix this?
    thanks
    Dave

• Please disregard my previous message. There was a problem in the custom page file. Everything’s working fine now 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Page Attributes Disappear’ is closed to new replies.