Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Order Custom Fields in backend

Solving

Order Custom Fields in backend

• Hi,

I am wondering how to order the custom fields in the backend of my WordPress site? I can order them by dragging and dropping where I would like them, but when I go to save the page and go back into it, the custom fields are all out of order and not the order I would like them in. Can I order these the way I would like them to appear?

Thanks

• Can anyone help me here? Im really struggling to get the fields to stay in order.

Thank you

• I am not 100% sure what you are trying to do or what is not working.

• In the backend of my website im using custom fields but would like them in a certain order so for example:

1)Banner
    2)Intro
    3)Text

But when I drag and drop them into that order and click save and go back to page it re-shuffles the order?

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks

• Are these 3 fields in different field groups or the same field group?

Where are you changing the order? While editing the field group or when editing the post?

• These are 3 seperate field groups, and im editing the order in the post?

Thanks

• Usually, when move the field groups around when editing a post WP (not ACF) will remember the order and it’s working for me when I do so. WP remembers this by setting a usermata value with the order of the meta boxes the last time you save a post. If it’s not working for you then there is something on your site that is causing it outside of ACF.

Are you using GuberbugGutenberg? That might be a cause of the issue.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi There.

I’m so glad I found this question, because it describes exactly what is happening when I try changing the order of my custom field groups around on my site. The groups correctly move to where I want them to be on my WP Admin backend, but when I update the page, everything on the front-end is just how it used to be.

In other words, the order of my custom field groups on the back-end does not match how they are appearing on the front-end.

Were you able to find a solution to this? I would be very grateful if you could shed any light on this for me!

Happy holidays,
    Sagar

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Did you ever solve this?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Order Custom Fields in backend’ is closed to new replies.