Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Options select in Edit Posts

Solved

Options select in Edit Posts

• I have a repeater in an Options page that I want to display in the Edit Post page as a select menu. More specifically, I have a manageable list of disclosures in the Options page, I want the author to have the ability to select from the list when creating a post. It seems that acf_add_options_sub_page() would be how to do it but I can’t get anything to show up on the Edit post page. Is this even possible?

• You would need to create a select field in a group and set the location for the post. Then you would need to dynamically generate the choice values for this field from the values saved for the options page. https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/dynamically-populate-a-select-fields-choices/

• Thanks for your reply but I’m not understanding all the variable connections. I’ve created a new field group called “Post Fields” with a select field called “disclosure_select” that’s assigned to show on post type “post”. It does, it’s empty. I have my options group called “Post Disclosures” with a repeater field called disclosure_picker. And in my functions.php I have”

// ACF load disclosure fields
    function acf_load_disclosures( $field ) {
    // reset choices
    $field[‘choices’] = array();
    // if has rows
    if( have_rows(‘disclosure_picker’, ‘option’) ) {

// while has rows
    while( have_rows(‘disclosure_picker’, ‘option’) ) {
    // instantiate row
    the_row();
    // vars
    $value = get_sub_field(‘value’);
    $label = get_sub_field(‘label’);
    // append to choices
    $field[‘choices’][ $value ] = $label;
    }
    }
    // return the field
    return $field;
    }
    add_filter(‘acf/load_field/name=disclosure_select’, ‘acf_load_disclosures’);

I’m sorry if it seems I’m doing something obviously stupid here.

• I don’t see anything obviously wrong with your code.

You can try

1) use the field key variant of the load field hook
    2) set the priority of your filter to > 10 to ensure it runs after ACF

add_filter('acf/load_field/key=field_1234yourfieldkey', 'acf_load_disclosures', 20);

• I’m not familiar with field keys or where to find them. Should the key be for disclosure_select (select field on the post) or disclosure_picker (options repeater)?

• When editing a field group click on screen options and check the box to show the field keys. You would use the field key of the field you are populating, the select field on the post. Because it is a repeater sub field you must use the field key, not the field name.

• The Field key got it working. Thank you for your help!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Options select in Edit Posts’ is closed to new replies.