Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Options Page Options Page WP Admin Menu Order

Solving

Options Page WP Admin Menu Order

• Does anyone have a proven method to change the position of the Options Page in the WordPress Admin menu? No matter what I do it doesn’t budge. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is where I am at now…using these two functions to create Options Page and then re-order the menu items:

if( function_exists('acf_add_options_page')) {
    	acf_add_options_page(array('page_title'=>'Theme Options','menu_title'=>'Theme Options','menu_slug'=>'theme-options','capability'=>'edit_posts','redirect'=>true));
    	acf_add_options_sub_page(array('page_title'=>'Site Settings','menu_title'=>'Site Settings','parent_slug'=>'theme-options'));
    	acf_add_options_sub_page(array('page_title'=>'Header Area','menu_title'=>'Header Area','parent_slug'=>'theme-options'));
    	acf_add_options_sub_page(array('page_title'=>'Promo Area','menu_title'=>'Promo Area','parent_slug'=>'theme-options'));
    	acf_add_options_sub_page(array('page_title'=>'Footer Area','menu_title'=>'Footer Area','parent_slug'=>'theme-options'));		
    }

function custom_menu_order($menu_ord) {

if (!$menu_ord) return true;
        return array(
          	'index.php', // Dashboard
    		'upload.php', // Media
    		'edit.php', // Posts
    		'edit.php?post_type=page', // Pages
       		'edit.php?post_type=books', // Books
    		'edit.php?post_type=webinars', // Webinars
    		'edit.php?post_type=acf-field-group', // Field Groups
    		'admin.php?page=acf-options-site-settings', // Theme Options
            'edit-comments.php', // Comments
    		'themes.php', // Appearance
            'plugins.php', // Plugins
            'users.php', // Users
            'tools.php', // Tools
            'options-general.php', // Settings
    		'admin.php?page=site-migration-export', // Migration
        );

}
    add_filter('custom_menu_order', 'custom_menu_order');
    add_filter('menu_order', 'custom_menu_order');

• Hi @john-marcello

You should be able to use the position option in the acf_add_options_page() function. This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_add_options_page/. So it should be like this:

acf_add_options_page(array(
        'page_title'=>'Theme Options',
        'menu_title'=>'Theme Options',
        'menu_slug'=>'theme-options',
        'capability'=>'edit_posts',
        'redirect'=>true,
        'position' => '63.3' // use decimal instead of integer to avoid conflict
    ));

I hope this helps 🙂

• I tried position a lot with integers to no effect however I didn’t try decimals. Anyways, I think I found a better solution…thank you for the input though, it is appreciated.

I ended up going with a plugin, even though I always prefer to hard code something myself when possible. This case just seemed too wonky to rely on hand coding it.

For those looking an easy solution, this plugin worked great out of the box and took less than two minutes to learn and configure:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Options Page WP Admin Menu Order’ is closed to new replies.