Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Options field in functions.php causing memory leak (or excessing memory use)

Solved

Options field in functions.php causing memory leak (or excessing memory use)

• After updating one of my sites to PRO, I’ve hit a memory leak (or possibly just a massive draw) that I’ve isolated to a line of code in my functions.php.

I’m using a variable set in options that I’m calling in the functions file, but this is giving me a memory error (I am allowing 128M of memory to PHP). This was working fine with the non pro version.

The code in question is this line in functions.php:

$perPage = get_field('cat_page_count', 'options');

• Hi @LetterAfterZ

It is possible that ACF PRO is using more memory than the previous free version, however, I am running my local version on the default 32mb with lots of custom code and plugins.

It may be possible that other plugins / theme code is using up lots of memory, and ACF is the final straw before you hit the limit.

Are you able to remove some other functionality? Perhaps also contact your host to see if some php setting can be tweaked to improve the performance?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Options field in functions.php causing memory leak (or excessing memory use)’ is closed to new replies.