Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Only create a new post if an existing custom field value doesn't exist

Solved

Only create a new post if an existing custom field value doesn't exist

• Hi,

I have this csv-file which I want to filter during the import process in WPAI.

https://imgur.com/V73hnZL

For example: In this csv-file (see image) are two products, hat and pants, products with the same product name (csv-column = product_name1), but in different colors.

My goal is that the first row of a product gets imported and the other rows with the same product name get skipped.

I’m using the WPAI example code (create_only_if_unique_custom_field ) with my ACF-Custom Field with holds the “product_name1” value, like hat or pants to filter it out.

But instead of only tow rows getting imported as posts I end up with 8 posts: 4x Posts with the WP-title “hat”, “hat-2”, “hat-3”, “hat-4”
    4x Posts with the WP-title “pants”, “pants-2”, “pants-3”, “pants-4”

What do I need to change in my code:
    ————————————-

/**
    * Only allow creation of a new post if an existing custom field value
    * doesn’t already exist.
    */

function create_only_if_unique_custom_field( $continue_import, $data, $import_id )
    {
    // Check for your import
    if ($import_id == 1) {
    $key_to_look_up = the_field(‘namecheck’); // My ACF-Custom Field
    $value_to_look_up = $data[‘product_name1’]; // Column from the CSV-File
    $args = array (
    ‘post_type’ => array( ‘post’ ),
    ‘meta_query’ => array(array(
    ‘key’ => $key_to_look_up,
    ‘value’ => $value_to_look_up,
    )),
    );
    $query = new WP_Query( $args );
    return !($query->have_posts());
    }
    else {
    return true;
    }
    }
    add_filter(‘wp_all_import_is_post_to_create’, ‘create_only_if_unique_custom_field’, 10, 3);

Thank you,
    Best Regards, Tobias

• During the import process in wpai you set the unique identifier. Us this field in the import as your identifier.

• Hi John,
    yes that would do the trick, if I only use that field as my unique identifier.

But since I’ll have more than just that field in my unique identifier, that won’t work (have to use more than one field in my unique identifier, since I am trying to combine different csv-files into one big shop).

Is there no way, without using the unique identifier? Cant the code above be used, to filter it out during import?

Thanks for your time!

• never mind, you were right!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Only create a new post if an existing custom field value doesn't exist’ is closed to new replies.