Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) On Post Edit, on ACF File Field Edit – ACF form missing file details

Solved

On Post Edit, on ACF File Field Edit – ACF form missing file details

• THIS IS FOR EDITING AN ACF FILE FIELD WITHIN A POST. Not adding, not saving.

By default when the ACF edit file form fires up after clicking on the pencil icon, the file details appear. Great.

However, when using Folders Plugin, or Media Library Folders Plugin, the details no longer appear.

According to my research, the issue is due to Folders and MLF plugins not knowing which folder to use, so it only uses the uploads directory and if the file is in a sub directory, no details are displayed within the ACF edit form.

My Question:
    Is there a hook I can use to get file information prior to the ACF edit form appearing?
    It would then be simple enough to get the folder the file belongs to.

Thanks

• After providing the Dev team with the function in question and examples, they are aware that if any filter is applied to the media folders, no details will return.

“We’re aware of this issue. The problem’s actually upstream with WordPress and will be fixed in 6.2.1”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.