Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Object Cache not working @ SiteGround

Solving

Object Cache not working @ SiteGround

• On my server at Siteground I am using SG optimizer.

I have to do a complete manual flush for every change to a post or a new post. Without this manual flush, changes will never be visible on my site.

The problem is that an item added within ACF Pro (with a registered post-type) in the WP-admin looks like it’s not giving a signal to the object-cache. That way there is never a cache flush like when you save a wp-post or page. Is there a way to achieve the same result as when we’re saving a wp-item?

I already made a support ticket. ACF confirmed the issue, but has no solution at the moment:

Patrick Mwange replied
    Hi there,

Thanks a bundle for the clarification. I now understand the challenge with SiteGround.

Unfortunately, I’m afraid there is currently no option out of the box from the ACF end to resolve this limitation. I’m going to share the same with the dev team as well for further consideration.

In the meantime, I would recommend that you also open a forum thread on the same. Someone else may have implemented a custom solution that might.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Maybe someone has a possible solution/workaround already?

• Update from SiteGround:

Object Caching works as designed to and it is up to the plugin devs to play nice with it. If they don’t know how to work with persistant object caching like Memcached or Redis I am afraid that there isn’t much we can do about it but to disable the caching or to switch to a better plugin than ACF Pro.

• If you can find information on the caching then it may be possible to help you. There must be some hook or function that is triggered or called to trigger the cache to be cleared. If you can find this out then you can probably add an acf/save_post action that will trigger the clearing. I don’t have experience with the caching mechanisms and I can’t help you any further without it. If you can find documentation on how to trigger the clearing I may be able to help you with that.

Please do not attribute the following opinion to the developers of ACF as this is a personal opinion of another user.

Your other option (being as rude as the suggestion from siteground) get hosting with better support. Sorry, but I find that an exceptionally rude suggestion from them. ACF is one of the most popular WP plugins and I’m sure you are not the only one with this issue so it would seem to me that they should be able to help their clients work around what sounds like it would be a common problem. Especially since, as I understand it, their service is built around hosing WP sites.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.