Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Novice User: URL Field Type?

Solving

Novice User: URL Field Type?

• I recently installed ACF and am creating my first Field Group Fields.

I was watching a 2015 video tutorial on using Advanced Custom Fields and noticed the option for URL in the Field Type dropdown (see 4:41 in the video).

BUT, my field type dropdown does not have a URL option. And there is nothing in the documentation here for a URL field type.

I would be very surprised if the URL field type were removed from ACF in an update.

Am I missing something? Is there some obvious workaround or alternative I am missing?

• That video is a little misleading. It shows installing ACF4 from the WP plugin directory but what it is actually showing is the ACF5 Pro version. Unless you’re familiar with both you won’t spot the difference. The first one is the icon for ACF. In 4 it is a gear and in 5 it’s “welcome-widgets-menus”. There are a few other subtle differences between the two… the drag and drop to reorder icon… the fact that the Style has a different default value… hide on screen is laid out differently.

Anyway, there isn’t a URL field in ACF4, the video tell you to use a plugin and then shows you field type drop down with several field types that do not exist in the free version.

• Thank you for the help.

Does that mean if I pay the $25 for this Pro version then I will have URL as an option? Or is that a paid extension for ACF4? It looks from this page as if I need to get ACF4 Pro first, then upgrade to ACF5 Pro. Is that correct?

• there is not acf4 pro, just 5. this is what you want https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/pro/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Novice User: URL Field Type?’ is closed to new replies.