Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Not saving Custom Fields in PAGES that were created prior to ACF being installed

Unread

Not saving Custom Fields in PAGES that were created prior to ACF being installed

• Please could you let me know if you can replicate this issue.

I’ve been testing it for a while now. I have 2 old pages on my localhost, I moved a site from LIVE to LOCAL/DEV.

Now I’ve been scratching my head wondering why when I apply a ACF to a POST, the ACF saves just fine.

BUT When applying the ACF to the PAGE it just wouldnt save (I’m using a custom theme with ACF V438, WP V3.9.1).

When I create a ‘new’ Page then it saves Custom Field just fine.

Weirder yet, when I change to Twenty Fourteen theme it will allow me to save perfectly fine. Then when I change back to my theme, once data has been saved to PAGE though the Twenty Fourteen theme I can then also save through my Custom Theme.

Luckly this issue doesnt effect me anymore as I have no more old pages to play with BUT I would love to know if you know a reason behind it?

Cheers
    Vish

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Not saving Custom Fields in PAGES that were created prior to ACF being installed’ is closed to new replies.