Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Not publishing/saving the custom field

Solving

Not publishing/saving the custom field

• Hi,

The issue im having is when I publish a new custom field it does not save, rather it takes me to a new page with the title of the custom field as the new page title.

• Hi @ogaphil

Have you tried disabling all plugins / swapping your theme?

I am 99% sure your issue comes from a conflict between ACF and some other code that is running on your site.

Thanks
    E

• Hi,

The issue is the theme, I have to change the theme back and forth during the build, annoying but love the plugin too much.

…I bought the Gallery add on. is there away to make the images pop up on the screen rather than loading the image on a new page before enlarging.

• dont worry, worked it out 🙂

• Hi @ogaphil

That’s great, can you please leave a description of the solution?

Thanks
    E

• if( get_field(‘gallery’) ):
    echo ‘<h5>PRODUCT IMAGES</h5><br />’;
    endif;

if( get_field(‘gallery’) ):

$image_ids = get_field(‘gallery’, false, false);

$shortcode = ‘
    [gallery link="file" ids="' . implode(',', $image_ids) . '"]
    ‘;

echo do_shortcode( $shortcode );

endif;

• Hi @ogaphil

I’m confused. Your original issue is that the wp-admin was redirecting you to a new page…

How then, is this front end code related to the issue?

• OOOOO, i thought you were referring to my second query, with the original I have to activate another theme make changes to the plugin and then re-activate the theme that I am working with.

If I make changes to the custom fields whilst the main theme is active it removes everything.

• Hello, in all my sites the plugin stopped working. I try to create a new group of fields, but he did not publish.

• Hi @raphaelnikson

Your comment requires a new topic as it does not relate to this query. Can you please create a new topic and provide as much detail about the problem as possible.

Also, please attempt to debug the problem to understand where the issue is happening.

Thanks
    E

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Not publishing/saving the custom field’ is closed to new replies.