Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues No fields in front end

Solving

No fields in front end

• I’ve tried everything, following the tutorials, but can’t manage to make any fields appear in the front end.

Using WP 4.2.2 and ACF 4.4.2. Using the twentyfifteen theme.

In the template I have acf_form_head(); and then, in the page itself, I have

acf_form( array (
    	'post_id' => 'new_post',
    	'post_title_label'	=> 'New Title',
    	'post_title' => true,
    	'post_content' => true,
    	'submit_value' => __("Post", 'acf'),
    	'updated_message' => __("Posted for Moderation", 'acf'),
    ));

But only the submit button shows up.

Been on this one for hours and it’s simply not moving. Where do I go next? Any ideas?

• Hi @arathra

When you specify ‘new_post’ for ‘post_id’ in acf_form(), you must specify the ‘new_post’ option which is an array of post data to create the new post.

The docs provide an example which explains this. Here is the link: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf_form/

• Sorry, James, but I’m still struggling here.

acf_form( array (
    	'post_id' => 'new_post',
    	'post_title' => true,
    	'post_content' => true,
    	'new_post' => array(
    		'post_content' => 'something',
    		'post_status'	=> 'draft'
    	),
    	'submit_value' => __("Post Casting", 'acf'),
    	'updated_message' => __("Casting Posted for Moderation", 'acf'),
    ));

How, in this form, can I change it to see the standard WP fields “Content” and “Title” and my ACF field, “contact_email”?

I really can find where to add those fields (and the default forms on in the docs don’t work for me either).

• Well, I finally managed it though I have to say that the tutorials here were all but useless. Written by people who already know for people who know a lot all ready!

• I agree with you, but forum is made to be sort of a knowledge base. If you don’t give your solution, you’ll not help anyone.

• True, alysko, but surely it is the job of the plugin makers to produce a proper tutorial with appropriate screenshots and so on which they can put up here to help others. I run sites where we listen to our customers and provide them with what they need, not ask them to do all the work themselves.

• Hi @arathra

I am glad you managed to get it working, I regret the delayed response.

I also appreciate the feedback on our resource pages, we will make some improvements to the help topics so that everyone can easily understand the concepts even if they are new to WP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘No fields in front end’ is closed to new replies.