Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Gallery Field No access to title/description in Edit Image lightbox

Solving

No access to title/description in Edit Image lightbox

• I’m encountering a strange issue when clicking on the edit/pencil icon on the gallery images. Some of our admin users are correctly seeing the “Edit Image” screen where we can edit the image’s title/caption/description/etc (http://cdn.img42.com/ad644dd860e0c2f378741e8e37b255e1.jpeg), but some of our other admin users (and any newly created ones) will get the “upload image” screen (http://cdn.img42.com/def0a4e53da91bd68ad8449efbe99cc2.jpeg). These are all admin users, and they’re able to view the individual image editor in the Media Library, so I’m not sure it’s a permissions issue. Hoping to get any ideas on this?

Thanks,
    Mindy

• Hi @[email protected]

This is definitely a JS bug.

Can you confirm what version of the gallery field add-on you are running?
    Also, what version of ACF?

Have you noticed any pattern to the issue? ie, it only happens AFTER a user uploads an image, then edits it for the first time?

Thanks
    E

• Hi Elliot,

The specs are:
    WordPress 3.6.1
    Advanced Custom Fields 4.2.2
    Advanced Custom Fields: Gallery Field 1.1.0

I managed to find a “fix” for this while trying to find a pattern. While logged in as one of the problematic users, once I add an item into the gallery field (don’t even need to save the post), I’ll suddenly be able to view the attachment details of any item. I tried this with another problematic user, and again, I’ll see the upload screen until I add a gallery item.

So seems to only be a problem for users who don’t create/add content?

Thanks,
    Mindy

• Hi @[email protected]

Thanks for the info. I’ll do some testing on my end.

Thanks
    E

• Hi, i have the same problem.

The specs are:
    WordPress 3.7.1.
    Advanced Custom Fields 4.3.1
    Advanced Custom Fields: Gallery Field 1.1.0

Thanks
    Mitchis

• Hi,

I am having the same exact problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    fludidew

• This thread seems to have a bit more context in it, so this one could be considered a duplicate to keep replies organized. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘No access to title/description in Edit Image lightbox’ is closed to new replies.