Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues New to ACF and struggle from start :(

Solving

New to ACF and struggle from start :(

• Hi all, I have tried to check all the possible posts on the forum but I don`t think there will be an answer to my issue unless I ask it as my theme structure is a bit different to the themes used in the “tutorials”.

I have a theme (Jewellery Shop) and a child theme (Jewellery Shop Dark) and within the child theme I don`t have the files mentioned in tutorials to put the code to show the fields I created with ACF. So can you please check the below website link and let me know which file should have the code to show the fields?

website is http://www.baybtout.com

Thanks and regards

• Hi @Baybtout

It is not possible to see your theme’s files from a url.

Perhaps you will need to contact the web developer which created your theme to ask them how you can customize the files.

Thanks
    E

• Hi @elliot,

Thanks for reading my message and taking time respond. The company/people who have created the theme is not in business anymore and cant be reached so Im trying to resolve this issue myself.

From the tutorials, getting started articles I understand that I have to put the code to show the fields I have created within the loop file.

Can you please tell me what is the easiest way to find which file is the loop file? If I find that file, I believe I can sort it after that.

I bet this is going to be something which I tried in the past and because of a very obvious reason or something very small that I missed, I couldn`t fix the issue.

I like ACF and it will make my life very easy to import and export things to my website so I will keep trying to find a way to make it work 🙂

Thanks

• Hi @Baybtout

The ‘Loop File’ is not a file as such, but is a block of code which is used in any template to display 1 or more post object.
    You can learn more about ‘the loop’ on the WordPress website.

Most likely, you want to find and edit the single.php or page.php file fo a single post. And the index.php or archive.php file for multiple posts pages.

That’s all I can help you with as this is support for ACF related questions, not basic core WP questions.

Thanks
    E

• Hi @Baybbtout, you can also search through your child theme file for any of these strings which are normally part of the loop: the_title, have_posts, the_post, $post

If you don’t find any of them, maybe they are still only located in your parent theme. Like @elliot said, there is not necessarily a loop file. Sometimes, a file with loop code is included via the get_template_part WordPress function. Otherwise, there will be no particular file insulating this particular part of code.

But firstly, follow @elliot advice by searching in the single.php and page.php files.

Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘New to ACF and struggle from start :(’ is closed to new replies.