Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Nested Repeater input disappears when clicking update

Solving

Nested Repeater input disappears when clicking update

• Hi There,

I have a repeater within a repeater set up.

When going to the page in WordPress, filling out all the fields and clicking update all the nested repeaters disappear but the parent repeaters stay and display correctly.

Running locally on MacBook using MAMP. No related errors in log.

UPDATE: This issue has cropped up on another field but happened after changing the field name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Hi @dennisterrey

Could you please share the JSON or XML export file of your field group so I can test it out on my installation?

Please keep in mind that you’re not supposed to change the field name as it can cause issues in the future. I suggest you change the field label instead.

Also, could you please make sure that your max_vars setting is not the one that caused this issue? This page should give you more idea about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/limit-number-fields/.

Thanks 🙂

• Hi @James,

Thanks that’s good to know about changing the field name, it may be possible that my first issue is caused by this as well.

I have attached the two field groups that I’m having issues with. One is About Avius Content, which has a repeater called ‘About Content’ and within that is a repeater called ‘quote’, the entire Quote repeater’s fields disappear when clicking update.

On the second is Get In Touch, within that is a repeater called ‘offices’ and the only field I’m having issues with in that is ‘country’.

Thanks for your help!!

• Hi @dennisterrey

I’m afraid I can’t reproduce this issue on my end. Could you please open a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials to your site? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket. Also, please don’t forget to explain the issue again and provide the link to this thread.

Thanks 🙂

• It definitely seems to have something to do with renaming the fields. I have deleted the ones that were affected and created them again with a new name all together. Working fine now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nested Repeater input disappears when clicking update’ is closed to new replies.