Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Need to iterate/rewind over repeater field set twice

Solved

Need to iterate/rewind over repeater field set twice

• I am trying to implement tabs in Foundation
    http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/tabs.html
    I would prefer to loop once over the ‘service_title’ to make the titles (i.e. ‘tab 1’) in the ul li the first time around, and then rewind the post’s subfield loop, or whatever you’d call this, to place ‘service_image’ and ‘service_body’ in a lower content div. I suppose I can put everything in a keyed array during the first loop but I would prefer to do this ‘the right way’. Is there a way to reset the counter which is incremented upon every the_row() ? Kind of like a rewind_post but within *one* post.

<ul class="tabs" data-tab>
      <li class="tab-title active"><a href="#panel1">Tab 1</a></li>
      <li class="tab-title"><a href="#panel2">Tab 2</a></li>
      <li class="tab-title"><a href="#panel3">Tab 3</a></li>
      <li class="tab-title"><a href="#panel4">Tab 4</a></li>
    </ul>
    <div class="tabs-content">
      <div class="content active" id="panel1">
        <p>This is the first panel of the basic tab example. You can place all sorts of content here including a grid.</p>
      </div>
      <div class="content" id="panel2">
        <p>This is the second panel of the basic tab example. This is the second panel of the basic tab example.</p>
      </div>
      <div class="content" id="panel3">
        <p>This is the third panel of the basic tab example. This is the third panel of the basic tab example.</p>
      </div>
      <div class="content" id="panel4">
        <p>This is the fourth panel of the basic tab example. This is the fourth panel of the basic tab example.</p>
      </div>
    </div>
  • Actually, there is a function, it appears to be undocumented.

add reset_rows() after the while loop.

• Ah thanks, I will remember that for the future. I just iterated over everything and saved it in arrays, got it working ‘the old fashioned way’. Seems like this should *really* be in documentation because it definitely isn’t!

• I dig around in the ACF code quite frequently when I’m trying to figure out if I can do something. Elliot is the only developer working on ACF and the documentation, it’s not surprising that the documentation misses a few of the finer details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need to iterate/rewind over repeater field set twice’ is closed to new replies.