Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Need help confirming my structure

Solved

Need help confirming my structure

• I came up with this title, because I tried to figure out how to access dynamically or else certains infos, without luck.

I am making a somewhat-like movies database, but with user-written stories (fan-fiction)

I want to allow “authors” to post fan-fiction stories based on the “original named” stories. Let’s called the Original named stories : “Stories Titles”, and the fan-fiction user stories named “Stories”. I created a CPT of “Stories Titles”, and a CPT of “Stories”

Each “Stories Titles” have a ACF group named : “Story Characters”, that contains a “Characters” repeater with only 1 text field “character_name”. This is to list -every available characters- of the “Original story”.

Now. Here is where it’s getting a bit hard for me to figure out. When I am in the backend of a user “Story”, I load another ACF group named “Story Options”, where there is some option fields. One of the options is “selected characters” which is a multiple-select where I want to be populated from the “Original Story”. The goal is to allow the author to select “which paring characters are mainly used in your own fan-fiction”.

I tried many configurations but .. without luck.

My story options :
    Page_Link (to get the post-id of the “Original Story” at the very least)
    Selected Characters (select) which could be populated from the “Page_link” value/query/whatever above
    Other irrelevant options..

How can I do that? I tried many filters, but I’m not sure… anyway please help me out, thanks!!

• Thanks for your help, I could figure out what to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Need help confirming my structure’ is closed to new replies.