Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Need basic help with accessing repeater array

Solved

Need basic help with accessing repeater array

• Hi – i’m not really sure what i’m doing wrong here. Seems very basic and yet I can’t access the items inside of the array.

Field name is ‘post_links’ and my sub-field is called ‘items’ and references WordPress post objects.

I can print_r($rows) and see the full array of data which looks something like:
    Array ( [0] => Array ( [items] => WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 15582 [post_author] => 2 [post_date] => 2010-07-29 13:51:40

Just not sure how to grab the stuff inside of it, can anybody help?

<?php 
    $rows = get_field('post_links');
    if($rows)
    {
    	echo '<ul>';

foreach($rows as $row)
    	{
    		echo '<li>sub_field_1 = ' . $row['items'] . '</li>';
    	}

echo '</ul>';
    }
    ?>
  • I’m assuming you are doing this within the loop and you don’t have to set up postdata. With that said, since you have a post object field inside a repeater, you dont have to use the foreach loop.

<?php while(has_sub_field('post_links')): ?>
    	<?php $post_objects = get_sub_field('items'); ?>
    	<ul>
    	    <li>
    			<a href="<?php echo get_permalink($post_objects->ID); ?>"><?php echo get_the_title($post_objects->ID); ?></a>

</li>
    	</ul>
    <?php endwhile; ?>
  • Thanks a lot Mike!

That’s far more efficient and had a “feeling” i was doing something not quite right. But makes perfect sense now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.