Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues my custom field does not appear ?

Solving

my custom field does not appear ?

• Hi,

my custom field is not loading ?

I try to tell with screenshots step by step. can you help me pls?
    Thank you.

• Hi @korkor

Are you sure you’re looking in the right place?
    In the sourcecode there is a <div class="kwayy-team-group-desc"> but looking at your code template where you post the code there is not.

That aside. When you work with something other than a post type you need to specify the second parameter as taxonomy_termid.

So a call to the_field() where you want to fetch info from a term should look like:

the_field('field_name', 'taxonomy_termid') where taxonomy is your tax slug and termid is the terms id.

Check this documentation out: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/get-values-from-a-taxonomy-term/

• Hello,

The problem you have here is that get_field needs to have an additional parameter in it to specifically say which taxonomy term it is supposed to look at for the content.

https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/get-values-from-a-taxonomy-term/

In this instance, you’ll be looking to output the field on the taxonomy page, which would be the following code:

// vars
    $queried_object = get_queried_object(); 
    $taxonomy = $queried_object->taxonomy;
    $term_id = $queried_object->term_id;

// load thumbnail for this taxonomy term (term string)
    $service_editor = get_field('service_editor', $taxonomy . '_' . $term_id);

echo $service_editor;

Edit: Sorry Jonathan, I didn’t refresh the page before I posted and didn’t see your reply. Hope either of our responses help.

• Haha no worries @imaginedd
    You’ve provided a code snippet which I was too lazy to do 😉

It’s interesting to know that in later versions of ACF you can also provide the term object as a second parameter. I wouldn’t recommend it in this case since it’d just require an additional function call but it’s good to know when you’re doing a custom loop of get_terms() for example.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘my custom field does not appear ?’ is closed to new replies.