Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Multisite license with domain mapping

Solved

Multisite license with domain mapping

• Hi guys, GREAT plugin!

I’m very interested in upgrading to Pro, but I have a query about licenses. I need to use it as a network plugin and my sub-sites have different domains (using WPMU Domain Mapping plugin). Can I use a personal license for this as it’s only one install, or will I need a developer license?

Cheers guys, keep up the good work!

• Hi @worksuite

ACF will record the domain name when you activate it and then check it again when you update it. So, if you install it in the network (only one domain), I believe it’s possible. But if you install it as site specific plugin (in each of your subsites), I think it’s not possible.

I hope this makes sense 🙂

• Okay, so as long as I install it from network admin to begin with, I can then use it on any subsite from just the one personal license?

• Hi @worksuite

I think you can do it. But please keep in mind that ACF is not designed for a multisite environment. So if there’s something wrong with the installation and you need to install it as site specific plugin or in a single site installation, you can only use the license for one of your domains.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks 🙂

• Perfect sense, thanks James. I’ve bought a personal license, if there’s any need to upgrade in future I’ll do so, both packages are great value anyway 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Multisite license with domain mapping’ is closed to new replies.