Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) mu-plugins import group fields

Solved

mu-plugins import group fields

• Does ACF works as a mu-plugin ?

If so, I’m having issues at having the function register_field_group to work, it’s not saving any group fields on the database (although I can see the acf_local instance to have the groups and fields that I’m adding through that function, it’s just no persisting those to the db) .

Thanks for your time.

• I guess what I found is the expected behavior, even when the field group is not displayed on the custom fields list page, the fields are actually shown when I go to the post type where they are supposed to be shown.

This is probably how it should work, since if you are defining a field group through code, these shouldn’t be editable on the cms, although it may be worth to show these with a “lock” status or something to avoid confusion.

• Thank you for this!!! I was racking my brain trying to figure out why my fields were not importing across the multisite, and it turns out they did import, just weren’t showing in Custom Fields. I completely agree with you that there should be some indication in Custom Fields that there are active field groups.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘mu-plugins import group fields’ is closed to new replies.