Support

Account

Home Forums Gutenberg Mixed variable types in render_callback in acf_register_block_type

Solved

Mixed variable types in render_callback in acf_register_block_type

• When using the render_callback for acf_register_block_type in ACF 5.8, the third parameter $is_preview is boolean true in the editor and an array containing the block data in the frontend. This means that the result of using if($is_preview){ … } is always true, which is unexpected.

• I am running into the same issue. In addition, $block['mode'] is equal to 'preview' on the frontend.

• This is happening for me as well, it appears to be when using the Gutenberg plugin as opposed to core Gutenberg. Core does not pass a 3rd variable so $is_preview would expect to default to false in the ACF render callback, but the Gutenberg plugin passes the full block array as a parameter which ACF’s function currently does not expect. I’m currently checking true === $is_preview to determine if it’s a preview because ACF explicitly sets it to true when this is the case.

• @blakers you are a lifesaver! Thanks for that workaround, that will work great. I need access to the Group block, so until they add it to core Gutenberg I need to use the plugin.

• Agreed! Thanks so much for the solution, @blakers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mixed variable types in render_callback in acf_register_block_type’ is closed to new replies.