I am constructing a site with a long-ish field group, including repeaters, flexible content etc. If I add a “message” field it breaks the whole field group. After updating, the message field does not appear, but about 6 unwanted empty text fields do appear at the top level of the field group.
I know that the standard approach would be to disable other plugins, revert to standard theme etc, but that can take ages and I’m on a deadline so before I start I was wondering if this issue has been reported before or has any known fixes.
I have built many sites with ACF before and never had this problem, and I’m not using any weird plugins!
Fixed it. It was caused by some code in my functions.php, copied over from an earlier project. After I removed it everything worked fine.