Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Menu Children category field in other language

Unread

Menu Children category field in other language

• greati

• March 24, 2020 at 11:50 am

Hello ,
    i am using ACF on my website which was used to develop most of the items on my site.
    Now same website is in multilangue with different languages and i am using wpml.
    Here’s the problem.
    sometime ago A developer i hired added “Product category field ” using ACF which displays a “children category field ” in my appearance-menus section in the default english website.

But the thing is when the website is changed to french or any other language apart from the default site (in english)
    ” Children Category field ” in the menu item disappears and not available for other languages.
    if you watch the video you will see what i am refering to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEKS0WEX2sE&feature=youtu.be
    it’s been 9 weeks now i have been trying to figure out what exactly is causing this or how can i add this feature in other languages. i see it’s available in the default site but it’s not available in the other languages.
    i think it might be a code or some kind of settings the past developer did , but anything i try doesn’t seem to bring this feature in other languages .
    Any help into making this will be greatly .

note- this option is for displaying sub categories (children category) of a parent category . example if the parent category is let’s say Movies – in the children category section in the menu , you just have to insert the parent category “id” example “955” . this will display the subcategories (action movies , comedy movies ) of parent category on the front end menu.
    this is super super great for large menus which i have on my website . this saves time and work and also avoids populating menus in the backend website.
    this is how they display categories on the frontend website – https://pasteboard.co/J0uYXdG.jpg

thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.