Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Memory limit or something else?

Helping

Memory limit or something else?

• Hi,

Wordpress 4.1.1 and ACF v4.4.1 here running on standard WAMP stack.

I use ACF for a very large and complex multi-lingual resource centre which organises documents and images by product codes. I use taxonomies for product codes of which there are around 7000!

I have an issue with ACF where it stops displaying fields in the backend after 3 have been defined, basically it just stops rendering completely without giving any PHP errors or warnings. It basically stops rendering on the ‘Filter from taxonomy’ text field on the third field. The fields I am defining are relationship fields on a certain post_type and filtered to an individual taxonomy value. The ‘Filter from taxonomy’ list is extremely large – many thousands of individual rows because of the number of different taxonomy values present.

It seems clear that I’m hitting some kind of resource limit but I have tinkered with my PHP.ini file, increasing the memory allocation to 6GB and adding:

max_input_vars = 50000
    suhosin.get.max_vars = 50000
    suhosin.post.max_vars = 50000
    suhosin.request.max_vars = 50000

But nothing works! Clearly it’s making it rather difficult to manage my custom fields when the backend won’t render the interface.

Any help gratefully received!

Kevin

• Hi @the_lar

Is it possible that the limitation is not caused by resource limitation but rather a conflict with another plugin.

I would recommend you try setting a clean wp-install with only acf installed and let me know if the problem persists.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Memory limit or something else?’ is closed to new replies.