Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Media Library not loading images in Media Library and via Add Media – ACF Issue

Solving

Media Library not loading images in Media Library and via Add Media – ACF Issue

• Hi there,

I am researching a solution for an issue with one of my clients websites for quite some time (actually almost a year now) and I could not find a solution up to this point.

Today I finally had the time and we mirrored the live site to a test server. So that we have a 1on1 copy of the live site to test things more deeply

Issue:
    The site does not show anything in media library grid – not when I open the media library directly nor when I go to a page/post and click “Add Media”.

First I thought it has to do with another plugin or the theme.

But now on the testserver I deactivated all the plugins and then reactivated one by one and it seems the problem is Advanced Custom Fields.

I deactivated all other plugins and only had ACF active and then tested and the issue was there – when I deactivated ACF the media library loaded fine.
    Then I reactivated the other plugins and left ACF deactivated and the media library loaded fine.

So it is definitely an ACF issue.

I have also recorded a video to show you the problem through live video. This is the link to the screencast I recorded:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/eglurfmwc0qcyk9/ACF-Issue-Media-Library.mp4?dl=0

The site is build heavily on advanced custom fields so there is no way I can just deactivate it on the live site and then let the site run without ACF.
    But I guess since it is an issue with ACF I guess there should or will be soon (hopefully) be a fix to that.

The live site is running WordPress 3.9.2 and it is not working there and the mirrored test site was just activated to 4.1.1 to test if it has something to do with the WP core but the same issues there. The video shows you the test server site that runs 4.1.1.

Both sites run
    ACF 4.4.0
    ACF Flexible Content Field 1.1.1
    ACF Options Page 1.2.0
    ACF Repeater Field 1.1.1

Hope that helps.

If you need to get access to the test server site – please let me know and I can add another admin user to the test site.

I need you help in order to fix that because the admins of the live site are not happy with having to reupload each image and to be fair it does not help our server space neither.

Looking forward to your answer.

Best regards,
    Sammy262

• Can you please help me figure this out? Thanks in advance.

• Still no answer. Is the support team actually working on these bugs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Media Library not loading images in Media Library and via Add Media – ACF Issue’ is closed to new replies.