Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Media Library Field not visible on front-end

Solving

Media Library Field not visible on front-end

• Hi,

This is an important issue for all website builders. Image rights agencies nowadays scour the web looking for stock photos/images whose copyright notice has not been published according to the proper rules and then present them with a hefty bill.

So it is more important than ever to have a correct copyright notice with the photos on your website. Unfortunately, the WordPress Media Library does not provide a field for this. You can add it quite easily with ACF and link it to the Media Library with the rule ‘Attachment > all image formats.’ If only it would works so easily.

On a website I’m building in Divi (one of the builders supporting ACF), I did this to be able to automatically show the photographer and stock photo platform in the front end for featured images.

In the template for displaying posts, I have added a text module with the ACF Copyright field as content (Divi is one of the website builders supported by ACF).

When I create a post, the design of this template is automatically applied. However, the content of the Copyright field is not displayed. Am I overlooking something?

Kind regards,
    Pierre Gielen

• Hi there,

I think this is more a divi “issue”, but it could be fixed without code.

I suggest to modify your display rule for your copyright field and store it directly in your post.

It’s not as user friendly as storing it in media datas (which could be used within divi editor).
    But it should be correctly display from divi.

Possible explanation
    Divi probably looks for your image copyright value in your post metas.

The value of your acf field is not directly stored in your post metas, but in image metas.
    Your post metas just store the featured image ID.

So when Divi search for your copyright field it doesn’t found anything as it’s not related to post ID (which divi probably gets from context there).

Hope it helps a bit,

RĂ©mi.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.