Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Media library broken after update to ACF 5.8.3 with ACF qTranslate

Solving

Media library broken after update to ACF 5.8.3 with ACF qTranslate

• Hi

Environment: PHP 7.1.x, WP 4.9.10/5.2.2, ACF (standard/Pro), qTranslate-X (latest, 3.4.6.8), ACF qTranslate (1.7.25).

When updating ACF fom 5.8.2 to 5.8.3 the media library’s grid view does not show any media. List view is ok. So adding media (e.g. featured image) to post/page is also not possible since it depends on media library grid view. Grid view is ok when ACF qTranslate is disabled.

I know qTranslate-X is deprecated and has to be “hacked” to work with PHP 7.1 (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-with-php-7-1-2/#post-8908632) but I used it in so many projects and it would be a big pain to replace it.

The problem also occurs with qTranslate-X’s successor: qTranslate-XT (https://github.com/qtranslate/qtranslate-xt/).

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?
    Thanks

• I’m experiencing the same problem: PHP 7.3, WP 5.2.2, ACF Pro 5.8.4, qTranslate-XT 3.6.1

If I deactivate ACF Pro, I can’t see media items in grid view (which means not at all when accessing them via the media uploader).

I get no console errors. Switching debug mode to true yields no obvious PHP errors (other than a handful of deprecated function errors and one ‘headers already sent’).

Help please!

• jakemcmurchie, I suppose yours is not an ACF related problem if it appears when DEactivating ACF.

• My apologies. I should have said:

“With ACF Pro activated, I can’t see media items in grid view (which means not at all when accessing them via the media uploader). Deactivating ACF Pro and the media items are visible in grid view as normal.”

To which I add:

“This is also the case with qTranslate-XT.”

• I am having the same issue

• Experiencing the same problem but, only with wordpress with Qtranslate-X activated. (ACF Pro or Qtranslate-X deactivated, the problem disapear). Roled back ACF to 5.8.2 is the solution for now.

• Experiencing the same issue with ACF Pro; manually reverting to 5.8.2 solves it for now.

• Same here, thanks @farmerpaul for the interim solution!

• I have the same problem media grid not work I discontinue “Advanced Custom Fields: qTranslate” Plugin Return to normal

Advanced Custom Fields – Version 5.8.7
    Advanced Custom Fields: qTranslate – Version 1.7.25

Advanced Custom Fields Rollback Version to 5.8.2 Normal work
    Field type to”Wysiwyg Editor” Click Visual Not work And get the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘onpageload’ of undefined
    at wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:9855
    at e (wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:9857)
    at _e.y.bind (wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:434)
    at Object.M [as bind] (wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:2789)
    at Object.init (wp-tinymce.js?ver=4960-20190918:9897)
    at Object.r [as go] (editor.min.js?ver=5.3:1)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (common.js?ver=5.3:47)
    at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,moxiejs,plupload,&load[chunk_1]=jquery-ui-resizable&ver=5.3:2)
    at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[chunk_0]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,moxiejs,plupload,&load[chunk_1]=jquery-ui-resizable&ver=5.3:2)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (common.js?ver=5.3:44)

• Hi everyone ! I’m having the same issue… !

@david
    : thank you, I did the same and it’s working well with the 5.8.2 version.

But does someone know how to resolve the problem with the last version of ACF pro ?

Thanks for any help 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Media library broken after update to ACF 5.8.3 with ACF qTranslate’ is closed to new replies.