Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Matching up post types via the ACF Relationship Field

Solved

Matching up post types via the ACF Relationship Field

• I have two custom post types:

1. Submissions
    2. Chapters

A Submission post needs to be associated with a Chapter post. I have a Relationship field to show within a Submission that pulls in the Chapters as a list. I can then associate a Submission with a Chapter via this ACF Relationship field.

Now, when I display a Chapter archive page, I want to show all Submission posts that have the matching relationship set.

Any ideas on how to do this? I’ve tried the ACF Relationship code from the docs within a page template that queries for Chapters like this

<?php 
    $args = array( 'post_type' => 'chapters', 'posts_per_page' => 10, 'category_name' => 'current' );
    $loop = new WP_Query( $args );
    while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); 

the_title(); 

endwhile; 

$posts = get_field('submission_attachments');

if( $posts ): ?>
    	<?php foreach( $posts as $post): ?>
    		<?php setup_postdata($post); ?>

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php endforeach; ?>

<?php wp_reset_postdata(); // IMPORTANT - reset the $post object so the rest of the page works correctly ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

Get nothing from that. Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Many thanks

• Hi @juxprose

Sounds like you want to perform a revers lookup. This is documented here:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/tutorials/querying-relationship-fields/

Please read the docs, try some code and let me know if you have any further questions.

• Perfect – did just what I wanted. Thanks Elliot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Matching up post types via the ACF Relationship Field’ is closed to new replies.