Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Matching Chapters to a Custom posts

Helping

Matching Chapters to a Custom posts

• Im beginner in WordPress and with this plugin too .

I have a Custom post type (using CPT UI plugin) called Stories which contain fields (using ACF plugin) to fill up story general info including the title , synopsis , language ,genre etc.. Also, I made another Custom post called Story Chapter where I enter the Chapter number and the chapter content .

What I want to do is to link the Story Chapter with Story , whereas when I add a chapter its automatically added to its Story. In other words , for example , I have a lots of Stories posts and I want a way in which hen i add a story Chapter post its automatically goes to its story .

So is there a field or settings in ACF or CPT UI plugin which can help me to do this ?

Thanks in advance

• I would probably use a hierarchical post type with story being the parent and chapter as a child page and control order using menu order. This would be the only way fro this to be “automatic”.

Using ACF use a relationship field on the story post of a post object field on the chapter… or both, to associate them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.