Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Making Relationships Work Across Post Types

Solved

Making Relationships Work Across Post Types

• Lennie, George and Curley are characters in Of Mice and Men, a book by John Steinbeck.

Is there a way to make relationships with the Relationship field work across post types? For example, let’s say I have a custom post type called Books (with all of my books) and another custom post type called Characters (with all of my characters from these books).

If I then go into Of Mice and Men, and link Lennie, George and Curley to this book, is there a way to automatically have that relationship work so my characters are also linked to Of Mice and Men, the book? Without me going separetly into Lennie, George and Curley’s page to make that same relationship three times over.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Hi @realph

Currently, the relationship field is a 1 way relationship. This means that when you add a ‘character’ to a ‘book’, you can’t see the connected ‘book’ when editing a character.

To get a 2 way relationship, please use a plugin called ‘posts 2 posts’. This will give you a better interface for joining and querying posts.

Thanks
    E

• Thanks, I’ll give that plugin a try!

• My husband and I have been together for about five years. last month we got into an argument because i caught him cheating, i was heartbroken and i used to love him with all my heart, I was about to leave and asked him what’s on his agenda and he ignored me. I got mad and cursed him out and left. i tried everything to repair our relationship but nothing came alright, luckily enough as i was browsing on the internet, i saw testimony of clients who talked about Mr Robinson, i thought maybe its also one of the scamming spell caster, but my heart insisted on it until i contacted him and i used his spell and it worked so nice, his spell made my husband to take me back as his wife, it also made my man to love me more, anyone who want his or her lover back should contact [email protected] or call him +19715126745

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Making Relationships Work Across Post Types’ is closed to new replies.