Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Make order of metaboxes in admin reflect in page template

Solved

Make order of metaboxes in admin reflect in page template

• Has anyone thought about, tried to do or even implemented functionality that makes the order of the metaboxes in the admin page be reflected in the page template?

• By meta boxes I assume you’re referring to different ACF field groups or fields..

This is basically all about the themes coding, you code the fields where you want them and thats it.. If you want the user to be able to switch position of the fields outputted content simply from the admin you could try take a look at the Flexible field addon!

• Thanks Jonathan,

I wanted to know what you at ACF had to say about the subject. I understood how meta boxes work in the template file.

After thinking it over I remembered seeing the flexible layout add-on and wondered if it actually took care of the functionality I was looking for.

It seems as though it is! I develop a template part for each of the meta boxes I use. Then call them into the templates in the order decided by me and the client. Would I be able to use the same process but instead allow the client to change the order?

• Well yes,

You’ll just setup a different flexible field area for each template part and have it contain any fields you like. Then in adding the content to the page you or the client selects which type of content you want to add and it’ll all appear in the order in which it is added.

Should you then want to change the order you can drag and drop the flexible fields to desired position.

I’m not an ACF developer or affiliated with ACF more than that I’ve been using it since an early stage and occasionally helping people here is a way of giving back to Elliot for what I consider the best WordPress plugin I’ve encountered 🙂

• 🙂 I assumed that was the case Jonathan. There’s so many people who agree with you, it really is an amazing plug-in.

Thanks for your input and clarity.

All the best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Make order of metaboxes in admin reflect in page template’ is closed to new replies.