Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Loosing my mind. Dynamic Select Choices inside repeater.

Solving

Loosing my mind. Dynamic Select Choices inside repeater.

• I have a repeater that contains a select field.

Im using the load_field filter to dynamically populate the select fields’ choices on a custom post type.

The data comes from a custom database table and are simple date values.

The database gives me an array in the following format.

$dates = [
    '2020-12-30'=> '30.12.2020',
    '2020-12-31'=> '31.12.2020',
    ]

So far so good.

Here comes the issue that is making me lose my mind.

$field['choices'] = $dates;

return $field;

Does result in the select field having no choices at all.

However, returning the same array $dates hardcoded to the filter works perfectly as expected.

$dates_manually = [

'2020-12-30'=> '30.12.2020',
    '2020-12-31'=> '31.12.2020',
    ]; 

$field['choices'] = $dates_manually;

return $field;

I tried it all. var_dump, array_diff. Everything. Its the same array. However the dynamically create $dates array results in an empty select field while the manually created one works.

I hope anybody has an idea.

I put the code I use in a GitHub Repo if that helps anybody.

Thank you very much.

• What makes this even more confusing is that the exact same code works perfectly fine for a normal select field that is not inside a repeater.

• I have looked at your code and I don’t see any reason that this should be happening.

Try using an acf/prepare_field filter instead of a acf/load_field and see if this makes any difference.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.