Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Loop thru Users and Repeated Field

Helping

Loop thru Users and Repeated Field

• I need to generate a table that loops through users and displays 2 columns: 1) the user display name; and 2) a frontend-editable text area labeled ‘status”. The purpose is to allow user to edit not only their own status, but also any other user’s status.

I assume that I need to use acf_form(), and maybe(?) a repeater field. What’s the most straightforward way to accomplish this? Do I need to create individual user status posts and use a repeated field for the form?

I already have a custom user status field. But I’m a bit confused about how to set up a repeater field and combining it with acf_form() for displaying the editable status form.

• You cannot use acf_form() for this. The reason is that you want to have a single form that updates a field but multiple user. Well, you may be able to use acf_form(), but either way you need a custom form for this page.

There are many steps. Basically to use acf_form() you would need to create a field group that is used only on this page that has the repeater. You would need to create a filter for the repeater field, I’m not sure right now if it should be acf/load_value or acf/prepare field.

The you would need to create an acf/pre_save_post filter that reads through the submitted repeater field and updates each user accordingly and then somehow prevents ACF from updating the values. Alternatively to the pre_save_post filter you could set up the acf form to save the values to an options page and then use an acf/save_post filter to read through the repeater and update the user fields.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.