Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Loop through posts if True/False

Solved

Loop through posts if True/False

• Hi Folks,

I’ve ran in to a little trouble with my slideshow loop.

Essentially I have a custom post type that has a large number of posts. Only some of these posts will have a slideshow.

The slideshow has takes 2 fields, an image and a title.

I want to loop through the posts of this custom post type that have a slideshow image and title value in the field and only show posts posts that DO have these fields available.

This is where I thought a True/False would come in useful. I have an option to set a True/False with conditional logic, if set to true slideshow image and slideshow title appear in the wordpress admin section.

My logic would be something along the lines of:
    > If post is set True to having a slideshow then
    > Loop through all posts that have this condition
    > Output slideshow posts only

Here is what I have tried to do:
    https://gist.github.com/NicholasRowe/10790188

Though no slides appear with this code.

If anyone has any better suggestions to achieving this, I’m happy to suggestions, I just thought a True/False would be the best way to filter posts that require slide fields.

• Hi,
    If you want to show only the posts that have a true/false checkbox checked (the checkbox that trigger the two other field on your backend).
    you should restrict to these posts directly on your query

'meta_query' => array(
        'post_type' => 'areas-of-focus',
        array(
         'key' => 'is_a_featured_area_of_focus',
         'value' => '1',
         'compare' => '=='
        )
     )

something like that should return only the posts that have the is_a_featured_area_of_focus field set to true.

so you can get rid of if( get_field('is_a_featured_area_of_focus') ) : and other stuff related to checking if this field is checked on the loop and just take care of the layout.

let me know how that goes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Loop through posts if True/False’ is closed to new replies.