Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Loop through and display custom fields of all posts on index.php

Solving

Loop through and display custom fields of all posts on index.php

• Hello,

I am fairly new to WordPress development and ACF (so be kind!). I am trying to create an index page that loops over all of my posts and pulls in some of the custom fields for each of these posts. Let’s say it’s like a custom summary of each post that a user can click on to go to the full post.

Right now, I have the following code in my index.php page:

<?php
          if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
          get_template_part( 'content', get_post_format() );
          endwhile; endif;
    ?>

And then I have this code (tidied up for brevity) in my content.php page:

<section>   
        <h1><?php the_field('typeName'); ?></h1>
        <ul>
           <li><?php the_field('typeNumber'); ?></li>
           <li><?php the_field('typeName'); ?></li>
           <li><?php the_field('typeCategory'); ?></li>
        </ul>
     </section>

What I can’t figure out is how to tell the content page to do display the value of these fields for each post. I feel like it’s something simple that I’m missing, but any help would be appreciated!

• That’s actually all you should need to do. The only thing that might be a problem is the category field. Is this not working?

• Hey John, thanks for your reply. I realized my issue was that the loop was only pulling in values from the index page rather than each individual post because I had my homepage set to a static page rather than the blog posts page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Loop through and display custom fields of all posts on index.php’ is closed to new replies.