Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Loop through and display custom fields of all posts on index.php

Solving

Loop through and display custom fields of all posts on index.php

• Hello,

I am fairly new to WordPress development and ACF (so be kind!). I am trying to create an index page that loops over all of my posts and pulls in some of the custom fields for each of these posts. Let’s say it’s like a custom summary of each post that a user can click on to go to the full post.

Right now, I have the following code in my index.php page:

<?php
          if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
          get_template_part( 'content', get_post_format() );
          endwhile; endif;
    ?>

And then I have this code (tidied up for brevity) in my content.php page:

<section>   
        <h1><?php the_field('typeName'); ?></h1>
        <ul>
           <li><?php the_field('typeNumber'); ?></li>
           <li><?php the_field('typeName'); ?></li>
           <li><?php the_field('typeCategory'); ?></li>
        </ul>
     </section>

What I can’t figure out is how to tell the content page to do display the value of these fields for each post. I feel like it’s something simple that I’m missing, but any help would be appreciated!

• That’s actually all you should need to do. The only thing that might be a problem is the category field. Is this not working?

• Hey John, thanks for your reply. I realized my issue was that the loop was only pulling in values from the index page rather than each individual post because I had my homepage set to a static page rather than the blog posts page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.