Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Looking for help from an expert ACF developer

Solving

Looking for help from an expert ACF developer

• Hi,
    I have a page with about 60 repeater fields.
    In each repeater there are 6 fields. making that more than 360 fields just for that area, and I would like to add more repeater fields in the future.
    When trying to save more fields to the page I get a blank white page.
    The site is hosted on a shared server, and I would like to know if with some code adjustments I can fix this.
    Is it a max_vars issue?
    Is there a way to solve this by coding the ACF query?
    The site is running on ACF 5 Pro.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

• You’ve probably guessed it, looks like a max_input_vars problem. While it looks like you only have 360 fields, when creating field groups you need to mulitply that by all the different settings that are possible for each field (id, label, name, type, instructions, etc, etc.) There are probably at least 10 fields for every field you’re creating so that turns your 360 fields into 3600 fields being sent when you hit submit.

This max_input_vars setting can be changed in php.ini or per directory if your hosting provider allows it. http://php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php

Usually, it the host allow it then you can add the a line like the following to your .htaccess file

php_value max_input_vars 5000

Some hosting providers also allow you to place a php.ini file into the root of your site that you can use to override the global server values.

There are also some other ways listed here that I have not used personally and have not experienced hosts that allow them: http://php.net/manual/en/configuration.changes.modes.php

If your host does not allow you to override php values in one of these ways, I don’t think there’s much else you can do. You’re best bet is to contact your hosting provider and ask them if they provide a way to make the change.

• add this to your .htaccess file and see what error will be shown on ‘blank page’
    php_flag display_errors on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Looking for help from an expert ACF developer’ is closed to new replies.