Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Lock previous submissions of the repeater field?

Unread

Lock previous submissions of the repeater field?

• I posted this question a couple of days in the “pre purchase” board, but I never got to see it live. I don’t know if the forum is moderated or what. I repost this and I apologize if I shouldn’t

I worked with ACF Pro a couple years ago and I loved the repeater field. I’m thinking of getting a new licence for a project to be able to use the field, but I don’t know if it will be fully useful for the thing I have in mind.

I need to make a system where employees log activities under a post, edited through the backend. Think of a car body shop, where the post is the car, and a repeater field is used over a period of time to log which employee did what to the car (paint job, fender work, and maybe two months later the car comes back to have the windows tinted). I need several employees, each with their own username, to be able to add information to that log. But I don’t want them to be able to edit or remove previous sumbissions on that post. That’s critical.

Is there a way around it? A colleague of mine pointed me to the prepare_field filter, but I don’t know how to make it work. Thinking of something like dynamically locking the previously submitted repeater fields by naming them by timestamp, and then filtering all the previous dates or something. But I’m very very very junior.

So, is it possible to have previously sumbitted repeater fields locked, so the next user cannot change them? Or should that be done through a frontend form or something?

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.