Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Location Rule Operators Should Be Given Current Type

Helping

Location Rule Operators Should Be Given Current Type

• The acf/location/rule_operators filter should be passed the currently selected location “Type” param. Right now the filter applies to all location rules, but sometimes (more often than not I’m sure), an operator would only apply to a single location type.

For example, say you want to add a new type “Post Date”, and you need operators “is after” and “is before”. Those operators do not make sense for any of the other types (ie: Post Category is before Uncategorized, nope). I realize this is an admin only section of the website, so I know that setting a rule like that would never work anyways, but I feel that the option should not even show (perhaps another admin does not know the background and the operators aren’t as specific, it could become frustrating for a user trying to set an operator that does not apply to a type).

This should also apply to the acf/location/rule_values/$type filter as well, it should be passed the current operator, as this could change the values that are available.

Thanks.

• Hi @emrl

Could you please open a new ticket so it can be passed directly to the plugin author? You can open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket.

Thanks 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.