Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Loading field on front-end on button click?

Solved

Loading field on front-end on button click?

• I have an oembed field for a video attached to a custom post type. I would like to, on the front end, display a “load video” button that would then trigger getting and displaying the video field. Anyone done this before?

Thanks!

• I expect something like this would do the trick:

<button class="load-video-button" data-video-embed="<?php echo htmlspecialchars(get_field('oembed_video_url')) ?>">Load Video</button>
    <div class="video-container"></div>

<script>
    $(function() {

$('.load-video-button').click(function() {
        $('.video-container').html($(this).data('video-embed'));
      });

});
    </script>

(I assume you’re using jQuery here.)

• oohh interesting approach, I like that!

Thank you much, will give it a try shortly.

• Well kinda! lol It does work to load the video, but seems to strip out the Oembed part, so it throws in a tiny iframe in the div… hmm

Edit: nevermind, I need to alter how fitvids is addressing it, thank you for the help!

• I’m not sure what you mean—the oEmbed field stores the URL but when you echo it, it returns the appropriate embed code. Do you want to show just the video URL?

• Thanks again, you solution was good, I just had to tweak script so fitvids would recognize and fire,

jQuery(function( $ ) {

$('.load-video-button').click(function() {
    	    $('.embed-container').addClass('loaded-video').html($(this).data('video-embed'));
    	    $( '.loaded-video' ).fitVids();
    	  });

});
  • Great! Glad to be of service!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Loading field on front-end on button click?’ is closed to new replies.