Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Load & Save Terms to Post option broken

Solving

Load & Save Terms to Post option broken

• The option to Load & Save Terms to Post in the Taxonomy Field Type appears to be broken. It works in the backend (it updates and saves chosen taxonomy terms, in my case a select) however no term name appears on the front-end. When I disable the option the term name appears.

I use ACF Version 4.3.8 and WordPress version 3.9.1

• Same here. Cant get the term name to show up when the Load and save is selected.

• One way around it is to use this code which just extracts it directly rather than through ACF:

< ?php

$terms = get_the_terms( $post->ID , 'taxonomyname' );

foreach ( $terms as $term ) {

echo $term->name;

}

?>
  • Same here,

Field type: Taxonomy, Single Value (Select)
    Load & Save Terms to Post: Checked

When “Load & Save Terms to Post” is unchecked the returned value by get_field() is an object, whereas when it is checked the returned value is an array of one object.

Here’s my current workaround for Single Value (Select or Radio Buttons):

$term = get_field('taxonomy_name');
    $term = (is_array($term))? current($term) : $term;

WordPress 3.9.2
    ACF 4.3.8

• Hi Elliot,

In the latest version (acf pro 5.1.4.) the option to load and save terms to post appears to be broken again. It worked in 5.1.3 but now it will not save the taxonomy select field I created. When I turn off the option it saves again, however the other option is greatly appreciated and hope it will work again soon. Or if you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Maggie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Load & Save Terms to Post option broken’ is closed to new replies.