Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues List title of all articles associated with a certain post type and custom field?

Helping

List title of all articles associated with a certain post type and custom field?

• Hello guys,

I am trying to achieve something – which I guess is probably pretty simply or have been covered already. Unfortunately I do not really know for what to search, so it would be great to receive some help from you guys.

I have a custom post type with the name „test“. This custom post type has a custom field with a multiple select field „multiple“ – this field contains two possible values „value1“ and „value2“.

Now I have a common page where I want to alphabetically(!) list the title of all(!) articles of the custom post type „test“ which have the value „value1“ selected.

My question: how to achieve this?! 🙂

Really looking forward to your help and answers!

Best,
    Florian

• Hi @w-f,

Thanks for the post.

In this use cases, you will only need to create a custom query using the get_posts() function and filter the returned posts using a meta_query by passing the name and value of the custom field.

This is already covered in the following tutorial: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/query-posts-custom-fields/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘List title of all articles associated with a certain post type and custom field?’ is closed to new replies.