Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues list of articles "broken"

Solved

list of articles "broken"

  • Hello Support,

    A developer years ago helped create our website for our non-profit. A couple of pages utilize your plugin to create a list of news articles (http://ceert.org/news-media/news-articles/) and reports (http://ceert.org/news-media/ceert-reports/).

    I was just today adding a new news article and I noticed that the list of articles in truncated – also, the links for the two articles, dated from 2013, are broken. http://ceert.org/news-media/news-articles/

    I’m not sure when this occurred – all was working correctly the last time I added a news article (9/6/18).

    Also, in the admin list, the oldest article is dated 08/22/2013. However, the oldest of the two articles loading is January 12, 2013. And neither article loading to the front-end is showing up in the backend admin. (see screenshot attached)

    Can you help me trouble-shoot this issue?

    Sincerely,
    Greg

  • Looks like this is handled with a repeater field? I’m not sure whether that’s a good approach if you’re handling a lot of entries; to me it feels like a custom post type would be more appropriate.
    But since converting that would probably go beyond the scope of the project we’ll try to work with what we’ve got.

    On the news articles page the oldest entry I see is “Why the U.S. Power Grid’s Days Are Numbered – Bloomberg News” on page 13 of the list, dated August 22, 2013; this also corresponds to the screenshot you showed. What do you mean by “the oldest of the two articles loading is January 12, 2013”? To which page are you referring?

    As to the broken links, that’s not your fault, it’s just the fact that these pages don’t appear to exist at the specified URLs on the third-party websites anymore, and/or the website owners haven’t established proper redirections. For example, searching the internet for “The tortoise and the flare: Calif. solar power projects confront habitat impact” (dated January 23, 2014 in your list) brings me to this location now, i. e. the URL format has changed over the years. You need to update that manually if the website owners didn’t create proper redirects. You can use the W3C Link Checker to check all links on a page and find which ones are broken (be patient while it’s running the check).

  • As things are going wrong at row 127, there’s a 2^7 limit somewhere. Possibly your php settings, if so http://blog.syanaputra.com/2016/07/06/solving-acf-repeater-issue-not-saving-xx-rows/ offers a solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.