Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Link to edit field groups for users/taxonomies (+ Workaround code snippet)

Solving

Link to edit field groups for users/taxonomies (+ Workaround code snippet)

• Screenshot of edit field group links in the field group title on the edit users screen

I’m working on a site with 109 field groups, 22 post types, and 28 taxonomies. A single user has 129 custom fields by checking with a quick jQuery(‘.acf-field’).length.

It’s very handy when editing a post type I can just click the gear in the title bar to jump to the field group. I frequently use this to get field names and keys.

I got annoyed that there isn’t a button to edit field groups for taxonomies or user profiles. Figured I should leave an official feature request to get the “edit field group” button for field groups and taxonomies.

I was able to add that in with a single function. It works by hooking in the “acf/pre_render_fields” filter and just dropping an element there. When jQuery has loaded, it finds those “handles” and locates the field group title (h2 tag) and creates a link to the field group. The handle is only necessarily because the h2 tags do not have any ACF information — particularly the post id of the field group.

Of course if Elliot were to implement this, he could do it much better. But this has made my life a lot easier, so I thought I should share it.

https://gist.github.com/RadGH/f0f8e798312837b46e0960241a9373cf

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Link to edit field groups for users/taxonomies (+ Workaround code snippet)’ is closed to new replies.